Efficient preventive procedure against caries (decay) for the little ones as well as adults.
The chewing surface of our teeth have tiny fissures that are quite difficult to keep clean. Due to being difficult to clean these areas they can discolour easily. Cleaning is even more difficult in cases of deeper fissures, where it is almost impossible to reach them with a normal toothbrush therefore they can decay easily and cause toothache later on.
Fissure sealing provides an easy to clean surface
Fissures can be found on every molar teeth. You can feel them with your tongue (unless you have fillings in them). The aim of fissure sealing is to form a surface that is easier to clean therefore we can preven the tooth from bacteria, debris and decay. It is recommended to fissure seal the molar teeth of kids 6-12 months after they erupt. Fissure sealing is done by a special, bio, high strength material that forms a smooth, easy to clean and strong protecting layer.
The process of fissure sealing
- we clean the area properly
- disinfect the area with special laser treatment
- cover the chewing surface with a special, bio, high strength fissure sealing material
If the tooth is already decayed:
- initially we remove decayed area without any injection or pain by laser
- finally place a special, bio, high strength fissure sealing material on the chewing surface
Our laser treatments do not involve the removal of previous fillings and anaesthetic injection is also required in some cases. The different advantages of laser dental treatments are experianced in different extents in different stages of the treatment. Our aim is to provide treatments without any pain in a calm environment.
Who do we recomment fissure sealing to?
- first of all for children in order to protect the erupted molars
- for patients who have deeper fissures that are difficult to clean
- for everyone who wishes to prevent their teeth from decay
We are looking forward to see you at our surgery!
Ask the help of our dentists and peadiatric specialists in questions related to fissure sealing and prevetion from decay. The experienced, prepared, caring and always kind members of our team are always happy to help you with the best of their competence, care and attention.
Gingivitis and periodontitis are among the most spread endemic diseases today. The most certain sign of gingivitis is the swollen, oedemic gingiva which is sensitive to touching and tend to bleed after brushing your teeth.