The chewing surface of our teeth has tiny fissures that are quite difficult to keep clean. Due to being difficult to clean these areas, they can discolor easily.
Cleaning is even more difficult in cases of deeper fissures, where it is almost impossible to reach them with a normal toothbrush therefore they can decay easily and cause toothache later on.
Fissure sealing provides an easy-to-clean surface
Fissures can be found on every molar tooth. You can feel them with your tongue (unless you have fillings in them). Fissure sealing aims to form a surface that is easier to clean therefore we can prevent the tooth from bacteria, debris and decay.
It is recommended to fissure seal the molar teeth of kids 6-12 months after they erupt. Fissure sealing is done by a special, bio, high-strength material that forms a smooth, easy-to-clean and strong protecting layer.
The process of fissure sealing
- we clean the area properly
- disinfect the area with special laser treatment
- cover the chewing surface with a special, bio, high-strength fissure sealing material
If the tooth is already decayed:
- initially we remove the decayed area without any injection or pain by laser
- finally place a special, bio, high-strength fissure sealing material on the chewing surface
Our laser treatments do not involve the removal of previous fillings and an anesthetic injection is also required in some cases. The different advantages of laser dental treatments are experienced to different extents in different stages of the treatment. We aim to provide treatments without any pain in a calm environment.
Who do we recommend fissure sealing to?
- first of all for children to protect the erupted molars
- for patients who have deeper fissures that are difficult to clean
- for everyone who wishes to prevent their teeth from decay
We are looking forward to seeing you at our surgery!
Ask the help of our dentists and pediatric specialists in questions related to fissure sealing and prevention from decay. Our team's experienced, prepared, caring and always kind members are always happy to help you with the best of their competence, care and attention.