In most cases, periodontitis starts with gingivitis and bleeding gums, and it can also lead to tooth loss. It is important to detect gingivitis in time to treat the gums and prevent periodontitis.
Unfortunately, nowadays, 90% of the population in Hungary has gum problems. Sometimes we ignore bleeding gums and blame the hard bristles of the toothbrush or our brushing technique, but we mustn't ignore this sign.
How can you recognize periodontal diseases?
- your gums are bleeding during flossing or brushing
- your gums are sore to the touch, red, and inflamed
- the area where the gums meet the tooth is sensitive to hot, cold, and brushing
- your teeth are loose
- loose teeth move or drift
- you have bad breath even if you brush many times a day
If you notice any of these symptoms, you are more likely to have gum disease. We diagnose and treat this disease daily in our new patients. Fortunately, we have proven techniques, healing, and revitalizing methods to treat it.
Treating gum problems
Gum problems are relatively easy to treat in their first stage. In most cases, a scale and polish and dental hygiene instructions are enough to fight debris and tartar to treat gingivitis. In the case of periodontal disease, more complex treatments are needed. We use the latest techniques of laser dentistry for deep cleanings to reduce inflammation.
With the use of our modern methods, gum problems can be treated in less time, without discomfort, and with more efficiency. If you have any gum problem-related questions, please do not hesitate to ask our periodontist and dental hygienist colleagues.
Changing habits is the most important remedy
There are many causes of periodontal disease, but almost all of them can be referred to as habits.
What are the main causes?
- irregular vitamin-poor diet
- lack of exercise and poor lifestyle
- stressful job
- unbalanced private life
- poor oral hygiene
We can help you in preventing symptoms and you can change habits that cause them. We help you in everything we can.
There is nothing else to do apart from:
- having a check-up to examine your gums and teeth
- evaluating your habits and identifying the ones that can cause problems
- visit our surgery
- asking for the help of our dentists and dental hygienists
We are looking forward to seeing you at our surgery!
Ask for our dentists’ and dental hygienists’ help. Our experienced, caring and always smiling team is happy to help you with the best of their knowledge and maximum attention.