Tartar is similar to limescale that builds up at the junction of the tooth and the gums. By having regular scaling we can preserv the health of our teeth for decades.
Building up of tartar is a natural process that arises from our everyday habits. Tartar similarly to limescale forms a hard surface on the teeth that can cause inflammation, bad breath, decay and the loss of our teeth if does not get removed regularly (6 monthly).
Which disease can be prevented by heaving regular scaling?
- gum bleeding
- gingivitis (the inflammation of the gums)
- damage of our healthy teeth
- decay (caries)
- discolouration of our teeth
- mobile teeth, loss of teeth
- halotosis (bad breath)
We would like to help you in avoiding these problems. It is important to brush 2-3 times a day and visit your dental hygienist 6 monthly to have your regular scale and polish done.
How can you check if it is time to have a scale and polish?
- Check in your diary on with your dentist/hygienist when you last had a scale and polish. If it was more than 6 months ago it is recommended to see your dental hygienist.
- Examine your lifestyle. If you smoke, have dairy products on a daily basis or brush your teeth once a day only it is probably recommended to see your hygienist more often than 6 monthly.
- Feel your teeth with your tongue ont he palatal and lingual side as well. If it feels smooth and you can feel the gaps of your teeth than you do not have tartar, buti f it feels rough it is time to have a scale and polish.
If you can feel tartart on your teeth, your habits may cause tartar build or if you have not seen your hygienist for more than 6 months it is recommended to see us and as four the help of our dental hygienists. Scaling is a short and simple treatments that can aid the health of your teeth for decades. >Meet the members of our dental hygienist team
We are looking forward to see your at our surgery!
Ask the help of our dentists and hygienists in having your teeth scaled and polished, and professionally cleaned. Choose the scaling with sand blasting that makes your teeth even more shniny and bright. The experienced, prepared and always kind members of our team are happy to help you and your little ones with th ebest of their competence, care and attention. [tabs] [fulek][ful1]Check-up online![/ful1][ful2]Ask your questions![/ful2][/fulek] [keret] [ful1_tartalom] Sign up online for a dental check-up, fast and easy! [contact-form-7 id="243" title="Book an appointment"] [/ful1_tartalom] [ful2_tartalom] [contact-form-7 id="245" title="Ask a question"] [/ful2_tartalom] [/keret] [/tabs]